Norstar Feature List Explained
Time & Date for Compact ICS and Modular MICS
- Feature **TIME (8463) password 22742
- Press FEATURE and enter the desired feature code on the dial pad.
- Press a programmed memory button.
- Follow the display messages.
- On a two-line display telephone, some features are also available on display buttons.
Programming Memory Buttons
- FEATURE *3
- Press the memory button that you want to program. (This step is not necessary on the M7100 telephone.)
- Press FEATURE and enter the feature code on the dial pad.
- You can also program frequently-dialed numbers, using the following codes:
- You cannot program line, intercom, answer, or Handsfree/Mute bottons.
FEATURE *1 External autodial: Store an external number for one-touch dialing.
FEATURE *2 Internal autodial: Store an internal number for one-touch dialing.
- FEATURE 86 (On)
- Listen to music (provided by your office) through your telephone speaker when you are not on a call.
- FEATURE *0
- Check what is programmed on any button. Use when labeling buttons.
Call Duration Timer
- FEATURE 77
- Briefly display the approximate length of your current or most recent call.
- FEATURE 4(On)
- Send your calls to another telephone in your Norstar system.
- FEATURE 74
- Put a call on hold so that it can be picked up from any telephone in your Norstar system. The display shows a three-digit retrieval code.
- To retrieve a parked call, press pbi and dial a retrieval code on any telephone in you Norstar system. On the M7100 telephone, just lift the receiver and dial the retrieval code.
- FEATURE 76
- Answer any ringing telephone.
- Press FEATURE 76 and dial that telephone’s extension number.
- FEATURE 75
- Answer a call that is ringing at another telephone in your pickup group. The external call that has been ringing longest is answered first.
- FEATURE 801
- Answer the next call. If more than one call is waiting, priority is given to incoming external calls over callback, camped, or transferred calls.
- FEATURE 82
- Re-route a call to another telephone even if all its lines are busy.
- Press FEATURE 68 and enter a password provided by your system coordinator to change your class of service.
- FEATURE 3
- To Establish a conference call between yourself and two other parties.
Make or answer the first call.
Put the first call on hold.
Make or answer the second call.
After the second call is connected, press FEATURE 3.
Press the line or intercom button of the first held call (not required on the M7100 telephone).
Press RLS to end the conference call.
- To remove yourself from a conference call permanently (unsupervised conference)
Press FEATURE 70. The other two callers remain connected. (Some external lines may not support this feature. See your system coordinator.)
- To put a conference on hold
Press HOLD. The other two callers can still talk to each other.
- To split a conference:
- To independently hold two calls
Press the line or intercom button of the first caller, then press HOLD. The second caller is automatically put on hold. To re-establish the conference, retrieve one call from hold, press FEATURE 3, then retrieve the second call from hold.
Press the line or intercom button of the caller you want to disconnect, then press Rls. Press the line or intercom botton of the remaining caller to resume your conversation.
- FEATURE * 7
- Adjust the contrast of your display.
- Press FEATURE * 7, then press a number from 1 to 8 (depending on your telephone). Press HOLD to set your choice.
- FEATURE * 82
- Choose one of the three methods of dialing.
- Press FEATURE * 82
- Press # to select the mode
- Press HOLD to store the mode.
- Standard Dial: Select a line, then dial the number. (Standard Dial is always available, even when another dialing mode is selected.)
- Dial the number without choosing a line button first. Your prime line is automatically selected for the call.
- Pre-Dial: Dial the number, then press a line button to place the call. Edit the number by pressing VOLUME BAR before placing the call.
Do Not Disturb
- FEATURE 85(On)
- When you are not on a call prevent all incoming calls, except priority calls, from ringing at your telephone. When you are on a call, block an incoming priority call.
FEATURE # 85 (Off)
- FEATURE 802
- Use both the receiver and speaker while you are on a call. To avoid electronic feedback, keep the receiver away from the speaker during the call, and press Rls to hang up.
FEATURE # 802
- Temporarily suspend a call.
- To retrieve a held call, press the line button for the held call. (Press HOLD on the M7100 telephone.)
- FEATURE 79 or FEATURE HOLD
- Temporarily suspend a call and prevent other telephones from picking it up.
- Select English as the language for the telephone display.
- Select French as the language for the telephone display.
- Select Spanish as the language for the telephone display.
FEATURE * 501
FEATURE * 502
FEATURE * 503
Last Number Redial
- FEATURE 5
- Automatically redial the last external telephone number that you dialed.
- FEATURE 64
- With a line pool, telephones can share several lines for making calls.
- Press FEATURE * 64 or INTERCOM.
- Enter a line pool access code. (See your system coordinator for a list.)
- FEATURE 84 (On)
- Send calls arriving on an external line to another telephone outside your Norstar system. (Some external lines may not support this feature. See your system coordinator.) This feature is not available on the M7100 telephone.
FEATURE # 84 (Off)
- FEATURE 71
- Generate a FLASH signal
- FEATURE 808
- Generate a tone for as long as you hold down a button. This is used to communicate with devices like fax or answering machines. Long tones are in effect only for your current call.
- FEATURE 1 (On)
- Send a message to a Norstar telephone’s display to have someone call you back.
FEATURE # 1 (Off)
To view and reply to your messages
- FEATURE 65
- Press * and # to view your message list.
- Press 0 to call the person who left you the message.
- To erase a message
Press HOLD while viewing a message.
Moving Line Buttons
- FEATURE * 81
Change the position of your line or hunt group bottons.
- Press FEATURE *81.
- Press the line button that you want to move
- Press the button that you want to move the line to
- Press Rls. The two buttons are exchanged
- Switch the button caps.
- Line bottons cannot be exchanged with intercom, answer or Handsfree/Mute bottons.
Name and Number Blocking
- FEATURE 819 (On)
- Block the outgoing name and/or number on a per-call basis.
FEATURE #819 (Off)
- FEATURE 60 and code (1 to 3) and zone (0 to 6)
- Make a page announcement through either the internal (code 1) or external (code 2) speakers, or both (code 3). Zone 0 pages all zones.
- Page announcements are programmed to timeout after a pre-selected amount of time which is set by your installer.
- FEATURE 61 and zone (0 to 6)
- Make a page announcement to all, or to a specific group to Norstar telephones, through the telephone speakers. Zone 0 pages all zones.
- FEATURE 62 and zone (0 to 6)
- Make a page announcement through an external loudspeaker system.
Internal and External Page
- FEATURE 63 and zone (0 to 6)
- Make a page announcement through both your Norstar telephones and an external loudspeaker system. Zone 0 pages all zones.
- FEATURE 78
- Program in an external autodial sequence to insert a 1.5 second delay .
- For pulsing dialing: * also inserts a 1.5 second delay.
- FEATURE 69
- Interrupt a person who is on call or using Do Not Disturb.
- A person on another call can press FEATURE 85 to block your priority call.
- FEATURE 83
- Change the privacy setting for an external line. If a line normally has privacy, this permits another telephone that shares the line to join your call by selecting the line while you are using it. If a line normally has privacy disabled, this prevents another telephone that shares the line from joining your call by selecting the line while you are using it. The privacy setting is re-established once you end your call or when you enter the Privacy feature code again.
Program at the end of an external autodial number to automatically release the call.
- FEATURE 872 (On)
- Turn on one of six services for restrictions on particular lines or telephones from a designated control telephone. You will be required to enter the System Coordinator password.
FEATURE # 872 (Off)
- FEATURE 2
- Monitor a busy or unanswered telephone, or a busy line pool within your system. Ring Again signals you to call back when the telephone or line pool becomes available.
- FEATURE 871(On)
- Turn on one of six schedules for alternative ringing/call answering arrangements from a designated control telephone.
FEATURE # 871(Off)
- FEATURE * 6
- Select a distinctive ring to help differentiate between your telephone and others nearby.
- Press FEATURE * 6
Enter the ring type number (1 to 4)
- Press HOLD.
- Make your telephone ring so that you can adjust the volume. You can also adjust the volume any time your telephone rings.
- Store more than one autodial number or external carrier feature code on one memory button by inserting a break point between numbers or codes. The first press of the button dials the first number or code; the next press dials the next number or code. You can program up to four numbers or codes separately by break points.
FEATURE * 9
- FEATURE 873 (On)
- Turn on one of six services for routing on particular lines or telephones from a designated control telephone. You will be required to enter the System Coordinator password.
FEATURE # 873 (Off)
Saved Number Redial
- FEATURE 67
- Save a number to redial later. Enter the code while you are on a call that you have dialed to save the number. Enter the code when you are not on a call to redial the saved number.
- Service Schedules
- FEATURE 870
- Display the services that have been turned on at a designated control set.
- FEATURE 0
- Dial an extension telephone number using a two-digit code. There are two types of speed dial codes: system (01 to 70) and personal (71 to 94). System speed dial codes can be used from any Norstar telephone in the system. They are assigned by your system coordinator. Personal speed dial codes are used exclusively at your telephone.
To make a call using a speed dial code
- Press FEATURE 0
- Enter the two-digit code for the number.
To program personal speed dial numbers
- Press FEATURE * 4
- Enter a two-digit code from 71 to 94
- Specify the external line by pressing a line button, a line pool button, or the intercom button. If you don’t specify the external line, the system automatically chooses a line for the call.
- Dial the telephone number you want to program (up to 24 digits).
- Press HOLD.
- Record the code and number you have just programed.
- You cannot program personal speed dial numbers while someone else is programming you Norstar system.
Static Time and Date
- FEATURE 806 (On)
- Change the first line of the display to the current time and date.
FEATURE # 806(Off)
- FEATURE 803
- Briefly display the time and date while you are on a call.
- FEATURE 70
- Send a call to another telephone within your Norstar system, or to an external telephone. You may not be able to transfer a call on an external line to an external telephone, depending on the capabilities of the lines.
Make or answer the call.
- Press FEATURE 70.
- Call the person you want to transfer the call to.
- Stay on the line if you wish to speak to the person first.
- Press Rls to complete the transfer.
- If an external call is transfered to a busy internal or network extension, or is not answered after a few rings, the call automatically rings you back.
- FEATURE 800
- Answer an external call that is ringing on a line that has been placed into a Ringing Service schedule from any telephone in your Norstar system. This feature does not work for a private line.
- FEATURE 66
- Make a voice announcement or begin a conversation through the speaker of another Norstar telephone without first making the other telephone ring.
Voice Call Deny
- FEATURE 88 (On)
FEATURE # 88 (Off)
Prevent your telephone from receiving voice calls.
- Do Not Disturb (FEATURE 85) also prevents your telephone from receiving voice calls.
Wait for Dial Tone
- FEATURE 804
- Program in an external autodial number to cause the sytem to wait to receive dial tone from another system before proceeding with the dialing sequence.
Call Display Services
- The following features are available only if you subscribe to Call Display services from your local telephone company.
- FEATURE 815 (On)
- Have the system automatically delete the oldest log item from a full Call Log, so that a new log item can be stored.
FEATURE # 815 (Off)
- FEATURE 811
- Display the name, number or line name of a ringing or held call. Press # to move through the information displays.
Call today for your free consultation